INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ,the clean file properties help  (Read 1011 times)

E.O.D.DJ

• Recent member
,the clean file properties help
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:05:34 am »

Yeah so about reading everything before making massive changes....

I was going through my music properties and i wanted to clean a lot of it out, upper case lower case all caps etc. I love this tool. However one of the settings that was checked i didn't realize was the move articles to end. So this went through my library (easily almost 60k tracks so manually fixing isn't really an option) and moved all the "the"s, and of course i didn't realize the change until i had exited so the undo tool isn't an option. I know there are some tagging guru's out there. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me through some magic to undo this. I think it should be possible through some method of smartlists / tagging input. It's just slightly beyond me right now though I am still playing with it... any suggestions or thoughts?

Edit:

I use this tool often for mistagged stuff

=RemoveLeft([Name] ,11)

Removes the last 11 characters from the [name] Column

Is there an add tagging tool or paste that will insert text to the begining or end of a column?

I can create a smartlist with all the changed files by making the rule have name contains ,the

I'm close to figuring this out i think.. just need a nudge on the finite details

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: ,the clean file properties help
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:21:54 am »

make a smart list using: [media type]=audio [name]=", the]

Select them all, and then click to edit the Name field in the tag window. Paste in the following: =The removeright([name],5)
press enter.
All your names will be fixed.

Did you have any other fields ticked at the time? They will probably need checked too.
I'm also pretty sure that MC also considers 'A' to be an 'article' too, though I might be wrong there. It's an option I never use. Worth checking anyway.

-marko.

E.O.D.DJ

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:47:03 pm »

Awesome that did the trick thank you.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 02:49:22 pm »

Yup, 'an' is s well.

Did you have any other fields ticked at the time? They will probably need checked too.
I'm also pretty sure that MC also considers 'A' to be an 'article' too, though I might be wrong there. It's an option I never use. Worth checking anyway.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up