INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-Synch on Date Modified not always working  (Read 1747 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re-Synch on Date Modified not always working
« on: June 17, 2008, 03:41:55 pm »

I have seen this problem more than once but it is either intermittent or requires a reboot/restart of the PC for MC to cause a sync to my HH.

I have an h320, I modified all the songs on one album about a week before I tried to resync and MC transferred the newer tagged files to the HH which I am sure I had rebooted at least MC if not the PC. I tried modifying tags on a separate Album and tried a sync within a 30 min window. The modified files did not show as in-queue no mater how many times I did a recheck. The files I tried had a date modified on the HH of 4/7/08 and the files in MC on the desktop had a date modified of 6/16/08.

I haven't had time to see if I can consistently get MC to recognize the date modified to initiate the resync. I thought maybe I had done a rename of the files before the sync but thought MC should have still tried to delete the older files on the HH.

I have the same problem on a USB drive also not deleting or resyncing unless I use Windows explorer to delete the files first and or maybe removing and re-attaching the USB drive.

Anyone else seeing this and know the cure? I am on MC 510. I haven't really figured out the stack thing yet do I need to delete the stack or something?

SwellGuy

Re: Re-Synch on Date Modified not always working
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:07:27 pm »

I believe the h320 is an MTP device so it won't look at date modified to determine if it should resync.

Also, updating the tags doesn't necessarily update the files (or the tags in the files), it may just be updating the tag info in the MC database. To make sure the tags in the files are getting updated when you make tag changes, make sure Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > "Update tags when file info changes" is turned on.

And finally, different things will happen depending on what tags get changed. For instance, if you change the Name, Artist or Album tag we may not be able to match the file in MC with the file on the device. If you change the Comment tag it really doesn't register as a change between the file in MC and the one on the device.

Are you connecting the h320 as a drive or is it MTP?

MC will only delete files that are in folders spawned off of the base path specified in settings. So, if the files are located in \Audio\Artist\Album\file.mp3 and the path is \Music\[Artist]\[Album]\ the files won;t get deleted.

If you can specify the types tag changes you made, we can look into it further.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 09:58:40 pm »

I am connecting the h320 as a drive. I just tried to do some tests on my USB drive with the same results. I will update to the new 514 and play around some more.

When I noticed this yesterday I had changed the Name and Track number. I do have the options set up to write the changes. I added the column "date modified" to a tab in the library and the tab for the device so I could compare the dates. I looked at the Windows Explorer date and it was the same MC was showing. I selected recheck several times and all the sync list showed was that the files were on the device.

So what I tried tonight with my USB drive was I removed songs from some of the playlists in the sync lists. I selected sync and the files I removed didn't get deleted. I then restarted MC and the Server and tried again. It still did not delete the files removed in the sync play lists. I then removed the USB drive from the PC and re-inserted and did a recheck. MC still did not show the files that were removed from the sync playlists as in queue to delete.

The USB drive is full of songs so I need to delete songs to make room for new. I did a sync and selected remove files that do not fit and it looked like every thing transferred that would fit and it showed as full. I left the drive connected for a couple of hours and now it show a new value for used that would allow me to transferr the files that wouldn't fit a few hours before even after syncing and rechecking. This was even after I deleted the unwanted songs using windows explorer before the first sync saying I didn't have enough room. I changed the Genre of one of the Albums which did change the date modified. When I did a rechech this time it did catch the changed date modified.

The USB drive is a 2GB Lexar jump drive.

It seems that I can consistently get MC to ignore deleting files not in the sync list but have inconsistent results on date modified. Is the date modified in cache that needs to be refreshed or something?

I have logging turned on and can try to send that to you if will help.

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:57:47 pm »

We had added some more logging in build 12.0.516 that should shed some light on this issue. Please re-try and re-send your logs as soon as you have access to that build. In the meantime we will continue to investigate the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up