INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fajitas For Dinner  (Read 1743 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Fajitas For Dinner
« on: June 22, 2008, 04:36:15 pm »

Tonight I Cooked Fajitas

1 Pack Of Wal-Mart Fajita Seasoning
2 Onions
1 Green Pepper
Sour Cream
Flower Tortillas
Cheddar Cheese
Jalapeno Monterey Jack Cheese

I Learned How To Roll It Properly On My 3rd Try.

It Was Good.

Tomorrow For Dinner Is Taco's
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

olarte

• World Citizen
Re: Fajitas For Dinner
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 02:22:48 pm »

Hey Kingsparta I'm glad I'm not the only one on a food adventure.

I've decided to make Saturdays my international day of cooking.

Being Colombian, I cooked the following last saturday.

Ground Beef (it's actually stewed beef ground after it's cooked so it has a very fine, powdery substance).
over fluffy white rice.

Stewed Yuca (cassava), & red potatoes (which is where the beef was cooked in).

Home made Aji (hot) sauce made with Aji peppers, Vinegar, Tomatoes, scallions, white & red onions.

Pan De QUeso, sort of a miniature looking bagles made out of Yucca Flower and Cheese. Wonderful when fresh from the oven, or heated for 10-15 seconds in the microwave.

I bought two wonderful Colombian cook books so I plan to specialize recipes from the books on Saturdays.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 06:26:20 pm »

The Tacos Were Very Good...

Tomorrow I Am Cooking Spaghetti

I Normally Cook Hot Sausage, And Peperoni In With The Sauce For Flavor, But I Remove Normally Just Eat The Sauce Over Noodles.

I bought two wonderful Colombian cook books

Not A Bad Idea, Never Thought About A Colombian cook book.

JimH Cooked Some Peas And Rice A Few Years Ago (it looked good) I Think that was a recipe from Colombia.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 02:59:16 pm »

Here is a good recipe I found on the internet for Chicken & Rice Colombian Style

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,colombian_foods,FF.html

Arroz Con Pollo
26 Jan Colombia 5 comments
Well, one of my favorite Colombian dishes is Arroz Con Pollo, or chicken and rice. I made it this weekend for some friends and they loved it. After being asked for the recepy I decided to post it here. Some people might do it a little different, but this is the way my Mom makes it. Let me know how it comes out if you try it 

Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken and Rice) 4 Servings

Ingredients
1 lb - Chicken Breast
2 Cups of White Rice
2 Tomatoes
1 bunch of Green Onions
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Can of Mixed Peas and Carrots
2 Squares of Chicken Bullion OR 1 packet Sazon Goya con Achote
Vegetable Oil
Salt

Preparation

While the chicken cooks, chop the onions very finely, chop into small squares or grade the 2 tomatoes (yes with a cheese grader), and chop 1/4 of the red bell pepper very fine.

Boil the Chicken with the Chicken Bullion or Sazon Goya. Make sure that the chicken is cooked, and keep the broth. Remove the chicken and cut it in little squares, or let it cool and hand shred it. Add 4 cups of broth to the 2 cups of rice. If you have a rice steamer use it. In the stove, cook the rice on high until it boils, once it is boiling for about a couple of minutes reduce the heat to medium for about 10 mins. The rice should be starting to dry up, do not let it get too dry. Remove rice from the heat, if in a steamer, let it click and keep it warm.

On a sauce pan add some vegetable oil(just cover the pan), medium heat and start browning the onions. Once the onions are brown, add the tomatoes and bell pepper. Let the mix simmer and stir constantly until it forms a paste. Remove from the heat. (You just made Guiso, Colombian style).

On a frying pan, add vegetable oil and brown the chicken.

Now the last step, is add the guiso, canned vegetables, and browned chicken to the rice. Mix all the ingredients in and put the rice on low for about 5 mins. Then turn the heat off and let it sit for another 5 mins. And you are done.

Pages: [1]   Go Up