INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request] Set rating in mini view [solved]  (Read 1440 times)

eso

• World Citizen
[Feature Request] Set rating in mini view [solved]
« on: June 27, 2008, 10:49:27 am »

I often listen to random tracks from my library with MC running in mini view mode. But if I then want to set the rating stars of a track I first have to switch to standard view, set the rating, and return to mini view. It would be nice if it would be possible to set the rating directly in the mini view, either directly in the skin or from the context menu.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: [Feature Request] Set rating in mini view
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:46:13 am »

Number of approaches you could take here

- Memorise the keyboard shortcuts for rating so you can set them even whilst in mini-view. Not sure if there is any visual feedback tho.

Ctrl+Shift+(0 upto  5) to rate.

- Use MCC core commands launched via buttons on your taskbar.

- Use the playing now plugin located in inteface plugins.

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:58:15 am »

Thanks for the shortcut, I wasn't aware of that one. A visual and interactive control like in the standard view would still be nice but the shortcut makes setting the rating much easier.

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 12:05:05 pm »

Which mini-view skin are you using?  If you use "Slim" it will show the rating in the display just like the full skin view.  It is possible that this has been turned off.  If so, you can right click the song display and select "Show Ratings".

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 12:39:32 pm »

Which mini-view skin are you using?  If you use "Slim" it will show the rating in the display just like the full skin view.  It is possible that this has been turned off.  If so, you can right click the song display and select "Show Ratings".

""Show Ratings" is enabled but I have never any difference in the display whether it's on or off. Where should the ratings be displayed with this option on?

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 01:21:44 pm »

It should show up at the bottom of the second display line.  It is difficult to see if there is no rating, but if you mouse over the area you will see the ratings field:

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/9FE85F16-E2C5-4282-BFCE-B1B875FA0F62/Ratings/bigpage.html?image=314166493_orig0.jpg

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 03:30:23 am »

Thanks for the image, that helped me to find the problem - the mini view window was simply not wide enough (with the default status text). After editing the status text it's exactly the feature that I wanted from the beginning :)

To JRiver: wouldn't it be better if the ratings would alway appear if they're enabled in the menu and to reduce the width of the status label instead? The current behavior is quite confusing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up