INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have no sound on video playback  (Read 1452 times)

media junky

I have no sound on video playback
« on: April 10, 2008, 06:56:10 pm »

I am using the trial verson of media center 12 and am now having problems with the sound for video files.  I am using downloaded dvds and at first when I downloaded the software it worked perfectly and now it has all of a sudden in the last few days the sound has just stopped working.  I use winDVD as my dvd engine and am running Vista home premium for OS.  Someone please help I tried the Wiki and did not get any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I have no sound on video playback
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:12:44 pm »

MC/Options/Playback will let you change the sound from Direct Sound to Wave Out.  Try that.  Or vice versa.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 08:24:40 pm »

Try different settings in Options > Playback > DVD playback settings...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rwebre

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:29:33 pm »

I am having the same issue right now with MC12. All dvd files will play fine in WMP, win dvd, and Power dvd. However, since I've installed this program twice now, I haven't been able to get sound while play a dvd file. I've tried just about every combination of things in the options and playback menu area that I could think of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or otherwise I won't have a need to purchase this software.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 10:34:55 pm »

Play a DVD back to a point where there should be sound and isn't (during the main movie).  Right click --> DirectShow Filters --> Copy graph info to clipboard.  Paste results here (wrap the pasting in the Code tags to make it not ugly -- select the text after you paste it and click the # symbol in the toolbar in the posting page).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up