INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realtek HD issues...  (Read 1054 times)

Near76

Realtek HD issues...
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:10:39 pm »

I just put together a new PC with MC 12 and am familiar with MC 11 from previous installs.  I am trying to use the Realtek 7.1 HD sound built into the motherboard...however, I have been unsuccessful at getting any sound from MC 12 out anything other than the L/R output.  It shows 3 zones available to me in MC 12, L/R, C/Sub, and RS/LS.  I created 3 two channel zones and can only get sound from L/R and not the other two.  I have also tried Direct and Wave settings.  Can someone please help point me in the right direction, I'm sure there is a setting or two I am missing.  Also, the Realtek Manager is set up for 5.1 audio.  Thanks in advance.

JONCAT

Re: Realtek HD issues...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:35:21 am »

I haven't messed around w/ 5.1 or 7.1 but have you looked at the DSP>Output format>5.1 rather than setting up different zones?

DC

Near76

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 10:39:28 am »

If I do that I think I would get 5.1 channel sound while playing one song...is that what you were implying?  I am trying to turn the 5.1 channel outputs into 3 seperate stereo outputs to simultaneously play different songs in 3 different locations.  I have the outputs going into a Russound CAV6.6.  I have done this previously with an M-Audio card, but it isn't as straight forward with the Realtek.

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:51:44 am »

I was wondering if you were trying to accomplish the multi-zone output but you didn't explicitly state that, thus my suggestion.

I remember seeing posts here about this before, although maybe it was you with your other card.  ;D

dC
Pages: [1]   Go Up