INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new ipod touch firmware  (Read 1435 times)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
new ipod touch firmware
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:13:07 am »

Should we go ahead and upgrade to the 2.0 firmware or hold off a while?
Hoping for full 2-way ratings support soon from MC.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: new ipod touch firmware
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:57:19 pm »

Are you even seeing this as available yet?  Just updated iTunes and it still shows 1.1.4 as current and Apple's web site shows it as 'coming soon'.

Nevermind - Forgot it comes out on the 11th which is 'today' in some parts of the world.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:26:50 pm »

I've got a link where it can be downloaded standalone.  Supposed to show up in itunes tomorrow.
There's a couple interesting new things in there I'd like to have, but not at the expense of not being able to sync with MC.
If I confirm that a rollback to 1.1.4 is a possibility, then I'll try it out.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 01:10:16 pm »

I installed the new firmware on Friday, but I am using iTunes 100% at the moment with my iPod Touch.  Not willing to attempt a MC12 sync right now since I have to catch a flight in a few hours but if needed I can test it out next weekend.

There are a handful of things that make me think i will end up using a combination of iTunes and MC12 with this device:
Can download apps through iTunes and sync them to the device.
Outlook integration (for contacts and calendars) to sync across.
Smart playlists (esp for unheard Podcasts and unwatched shows) that stay smart on the device.  Nothing like being on the road with 60+ podcast episodes on the device and having to manually keep track of which ones you still haven't heard/watched.

Falling back to iTunes (until the sync issues get sorted) does highlight what a great program MC12 is in comparison for just general music/video management.
Pages: [1]   Go Up