INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insignia Pilot Album art corruption  (Read 1458 times)

NoBS

• Recent member
Insignia Pilot Album art corruption
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:47:21 pm »

It seems MC12 is corrupting album art in MTP mode on the Insignia NS-8V24.
Album Art is imbedded and will show up fine in MSC (USB drive) with or with out MC's access but the insignia's will not do m3u very well (more like broken).
Album art will transfer over in WMP11 and other media managers in MTP mode, but sublevel playlisting is rather important for my audiobooks.
I also have the older Insignia NS-DV4G which also has the same MC12 MTP album art corruption with the newer beta firmware.
Both players work fine under other media managers in MTP.

The newer firmware on the NS-DV4G is very robust and works well with WMP and MM
MC12 works with the older (and buggy) firmware on the NS-DV4G, but I just ended up using MM for music on the internal memory and gave up album art for the audio books so I can have playlisting on the Pilot thru MC12.

A very sweet feature of MC12 is the ability to choose which folder to sync the audiobooks into the Pilot, which are seen as music. Only audiobooks have a bookmark feature (broken, but useable) in present firmware.

It would seem the NS-DV’s newest (beta) FW is lifted off the Pilot and chokes on MC12 and even MJ.

Was hoping there is a work around to make the Pilot play nice with MC12
Rolled back to 12.402(ish) with same results and the Pilot has no firmware updates at this time...

Additional notes:
A lot of Insignia Pilots have been returned by customers (for a good reason, crappy FW). If you’re careful, the 8GB can be had for well under $50 shipped in fairly good shape. 4GB have been going for less than $25, but folks have been getting in a sniping frenzy, so prices are getting steep.
Pilot MP3 Player auction from BestBuy

With a buggy FW for the last 11 months, the Pilots are not worth retail but they have decent SQ and are MSC/MTP devices so they do come in handy.
What's an iPod?
Do apples have worms?
Rotten to the core.
Pages: [1]   Go Up