INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two mjextman questions  (Read 1179 times)

Scronch

Two mjextman questions
« on: July 29, 2002, 08:58:17 pm »

Starting a new post, because the other one is too cluttered.

1) When running mjextman.exe commands from a .bat file, does it matter what directory the commands are executed from (does 'cd %temp%' make sense)?

2) Any way to stop 'mjextman.exe /Append' from starting MJ if it isn't running?  In other words, have it behave like a Command Parameter?  A 'NoAutoRun' parameter would be great, or maybe there's already a workaround?

Thanks.

Scronch

Scronch

RE:Two mjextman questions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2002, 10:59:45 pm »

2a) I just realized that my batch files perform a /Clear DontRemoveCurrent, and then the /Append.  If a 'NoAuotRun' parameter would apply to the /Clear as well, or a similar workaround, that would help.  I also start with a /Mode Minime which could use the same parameter, but I could set up different files for manual startup vs. scheduled tasks if necessary.

Scronch

Scronch

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 09:56:00 pm »

Never mind on (2) and (2a).  I'd still like to know about (1), though.

Scronch

Scronch

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 09:21:29 am »

...pah dump bump...

Scronch

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2002, 10:18:51 am »

Does it matter where these batch scripts are run (should I use 'cd %temp%')?

Scronch

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 10:33:19 am »

It probably depends if you use relative paths or not.  With absolute paths, the commands will work from anywhere.

And honestly, it sounds like you know more about BAT files than anyone else I've ever met.  We should be asking you the questions...

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 10:36:45 am »

Scronch,

1) When running mjextman.exe commands from a .bat file, does it matter what directory the commands are executed from (does 'cd %temp%' make sense)?

If you specified full path to the executable, then the location of BAT file would not matter.

Nikolay

Scronch

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2002, 08:22:06 pm »

Thanks for the replies!

My calls to MJ are absolute, e.g. "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\mjextman.exe" /Mode Minime

Some of my .bat files call one another within the initial directory, without absolute paths.  But I am not worried about error dumps, etc., from these files.  My main concern was whether MJ would dump a lot of error files into that directory if it crashed.  Based on your posts, clearly not.

Thanks!

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up