INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For the love of all that's holy, please help me!!  (Read 806 times)

LuftBalloonNo99

For the love of all that's holy, please help me!!
« on: July 29, 2002, 08:54:42 pm »

Every time I try to download v8.0, my computer tells me that the .dll files in my temp drive are in use, and it won't complete the download. I've tried rebooting, deleting all temp files, sacrificing small animals to the Windows ME gods, and it stills won't work. I really want to buy this program, and the company seems bent on preventing me from doing so. PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you in advance. Must take Xanex now ....

Callithumpian

RE:For the love of all that's holy, please help me!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 04:31:34 am »

Assuming there are no applications running, you should be able to empty C:\Windows\Temp.
Not just temp (.tmp) files, I mean the lot - subdirectories and all.  (Windows will remake 'em if it needs to)
I always found it good practice with ME to ensure (usually with a batch file) that C:\windows\temp was completely depopulated at startup.

The root directory should also be similarly lean, however there are some files with a legitimate claim to be there.

If you know the legits from the loafers then be merciless.
Not sure if this will help, it's just something I noticed as a way of reducing amount of seemingly whimsical funkiness ME can annoyingly inject into your life.

TheGoonerUK

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 05:08:29 am »

You also might want to try and download System Mechanic from Iolo Technologies. It wipes your hard drive of temp files, cookies, old registry settings, etc and is extremely powerful.

That should help and I am sure it is ME compatible. I am on Win2K, which I have to say is a light year better, but MS are not exactly friendly or flexible about OEM installs, so I understand your predicament.

Hope this helps.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 05:17:07 am »

Please use a subject that describes the problem.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up