INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Album Thumbnails for same album - Album Artist (auto) glitch?  (Read 1672 times)

ReTango

• Recent member

Would really appreciate some quick help if possible guys!
Just upgraded from MC12 to MC13, and now for some albums I see 2 or more "album thumbnails" for the same album. See an example:

Media Center 12, no problems:

Media Center 13, albums repeated:

This happens in albums that have different "Album Artist" in the "Album Artist" tag (the actual tag in the file). A thing I notice is that for the albums that appear many times in MC13 and not in MC12 the following happens:
* in MC12 the library field "Album Artist (auto)" is (Multiple Artists)
* in MC13, the library field "Album Artist (auto)" is the same as in the file tag, so for a same album there are different values in the "Album Artist (auto)" field...
I think this is the root of the thumbnail display problem...
Any idea on how to fix the "Album Artist (auto)" field, or how to get MC13 to show only 1 thumbnail for each album?
Thanks a lot,
ReTango 

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.

I assume you're familiar with the way MC figures out multiple artist albums?
Multiple Artist Albums
Using Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto)

I had the same problem with some multiple artist albums showing up as several separate albums in the thumbnail view.  It turned out to be because those albums had somehow gotten the "Album Artist" tag set and every track in the album didn't have the same "Album Artist" tag setting.  I did a search for every file where "Album Artist" is not empty and deleted the Album Artist tag from those files. 

MP3 albums I had purchased from Amazon and a few other albums had the Album Artist tag set.

I don't use a special Album Artist tag in my organization and MC doesn't need it so no reason to keep it.

ReTango

• Recent member

Dear Frobozz..
Thanks for your help!...  For now I'll follow your suggestion and start re-tagging all albums I have problems with...
However it still intrigues me why, with the exact same files and tags, MC12 does the correct thing and interprets correctly Album Artist (auto) while MC13 does not.. hope there is still some short-cut to re-tagging so many files! thanks again!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up