INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13 Feature Requests  (Read 92166 times)

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 13 Feature Requests
« Reply #400 on: February 27, 2009, 02:16:36 pm »

Add a 'own' display plug-in in theatre view.

like:
Code: [Select]
    <Item Name="MCPlugin.PluginName" Base="ViewBackground" Placement="Bottom" Size="10%" />

Daily Activist

« Reply #401 on: February 28, 2009, 11:48:34 am »

Please consider adding Twones support.

http://www.twones.com/

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #402 on: March 05, 2009, 04:38:16 am »

Now that the text display is limited to 2 lines in Theater View, would it be possible to make it so that when an item with more than 2 lines of text is highlighted, the display converts to three lines or scrolls so that the remaining is shown at least once?

Not a functional thing, but a nice to have for wives and friends...

ronhaha108

« Reply #403 on: March 05, 2009, 05:14:02 pm »

Hi, I see that you say v13 has new view capabilities, I was wondering if you could give a way of customizing the view as seen through the TiVo plugin, I'd like to customize it (as was asked in the thread with v12 -> http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44778.0 )

Thanks!
Ron

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #404 on: March 24, 2009, 01:49:43 am »

Excuse me whilst I exhume this thread once more...  ;D

Web Scheduling.

The ability to log in from the web, see a GUI of the TV EPG and schedule a recording the same way I would in MC Standard View.

dcwebman

« Reply #405 on: March 24, 2009, 07:13:13 am »

OK, I'll throw one in. Often a rock artist puts out two versions of their CD: explicit and edited. Sometimes I buy both, hence I have to tag the album differently usually throwing (Explicit) at the end of the name. The problem is when I do the Get From Internet for the cover art it looks for the exact album string. I then have to strip off that text, find the cover, and then put the text back in. Of course this is also true for other types of albums. It would be nice if in the Get From Internet for the cover art, that it would allow some kind of typing of the artist and/or album so it could globally search the database to find the cover.
Jeff

Charles Hansen

• Recent member
« Reply #406 on: March 29, 2009, 12:46:40 am »

Hi,
Native support for Apple Lossless (ALAC), both encoding and decoding would be awesome. Then iTunes would be gone, gone, gone. Right now I can do encoding with dBpoweramp and decoding with a Foobar plug-in. It would be nice to have one program do it all.
Thanks!

keither

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2009, 10:18:08 pm »

I started a separate thread for this, but there are some features that would really be awesome (and some of them quite easy to implement) for DJs:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51551.0

ReRip

« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2009, 12:59:06 pm »

For me, one word (you might have guessed) - Re-Rip. But to clarify, I have a good sized (7000 tracks or so) library imported from MusicMatch, and I'm slowly converting them with MC using LAME with new and better bitrates and mp3 quality options. The current suggested techniques are workable but time-consuming. For me it's usually easier to simply rip the disc again and delete the old tracks. I'm personally less concerned about the usage stats, so that much is generally OK to lose. However, I'm particular about the way they're tagged, so I tend to edit the tags before re-ripping even if they're found in YADB, and I have a fair number of obscure old CDs that aren't found in the media database.

What I'd like to see is an alert that pops up when I press the Rip button (or at Auto-Rip time. etc.) asking me if I want to Re-Rip one of the albums in my current library. If there are multiple matches, you could present them in a manner precisely like you present options from YADB. In fact, you could present matches from the local library in the same dialog with any online matches. How difficult would it be to scan the current Library for matching albums before hitting the online YADB? That's not a rhetorical question - I realize there might be some difficulties in assembling album candidates, especially if the local Library database is based on tracks. If Media Center is multi-threaded, you could start that process as soon as you detect that a disc is inserted.

Anyways, that's my request! Otherwise I'm really happy with MC. Thanks..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up