INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Scan Not Working?  (Read 3206 times)

idigapony

• Recent member
Digital Scan Not Working?
« on: July 29, 2008, 10:40:22 am »

Hello, I’m new to this forum. I have been using Window’s Media Center with Vista Premium.
I have a VisionTek TV Wonder HD 650 PCI Express Card.
In Window’s Media Center the Picture is Amazing. All my TV channels Are crystal clear and most in HD. So I thought I’d give Media Center 12 a shot. But so far I can’t get any TV Signal? I’m using a digital antenna.
I open Media Center 12 Expand the Tree, go to TV Tuner, Options, My card is there. I select Digital scan, the box disappears and nothing happens? ( I can’t tell if it’s scanning or not. I let an hour pass nothing)
How long is this supposed to take? Am I doing something wrong? Also it just picks the United States. No Zip Code like in Windows Media Center to get the stations in your area? I looked at the help files and followed the directions to the Letter. In the forum I found nothing about the correct way to set scan for channels? Maybe it’s somewhere in this forum but I have not found it. I also using the free trial to see if I like it. If I get the full version will it work then? Please help thanks, Ron.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Digital Scan Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:00:04 am »

Hello, I’m new to this forum. I have been using Window’s Media Center with Vista Premium.
I have a VisionTek TV Wonder HD 650 PCI Express Card.
In Window’s Media Center the Picture is Amazing. All my TV channels Are crystal clear and most in HD. So I thought I’d give Media Center 12 a shot. But so far I can’t get any TV Signal? I’m using a digital antenna.
I open Media Center 12 Expand the Tree, go to TV Tuner, Options, My card is there. I select Digital scan, the box disappears and nothing happens? ( I can’t tell if it’s scanning or not. I let an hour pass nothing)
How long is this supposed to take? Am I doing something wrong? Also it just picks the United States. No Zip Code like in Windows Media Center to get the stations in your area? I looked at the help files and followed the directions to the Letter. In the forum I found nothing about the correct way to set scan for channels? Maybe it’s somewhere in this forum but I have not found it. I also using the free trial to see if I like it. If I get the full version will it work then? Please help thanks, Ron.

When you say "the box disappears", was it totally gone, or just hiding somewhere (some times we get a problem when a window loses focus). If it totally disappears, there is a problem. You can email me a log file (Help -> Logging... , check "Output to a log file" box, and make sure "TV" type is checked in the "Types to log" list). My address is yaobing at jriver dot com

Which country do you live in? If it is not USA and a few other countries, you may need to supply a frequency table.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 05:52:11 pm »

Thanks for the log file. Unfortunately it is the wrong one. If you have to restart MC due to crash, you need to send "Previous Log.txt", instead of "Log.txt". Please try sending both.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 01:05:55 pm »

There is a problem connecting ATSC Network Provider to this device. It seems to be similar to a problem we recently saw with another device. We will work on it. I will let you know when we have a fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up