Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics?  (Read 577 times)

David

Lyrics?
« on: July 29, 2002, 02:22:04 pm »

Is there any lyric-searching function in Jukebox?

JollyMolly

RE:Lyrics?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 12:51:43 am »

I don't know the answer to your question ... BUT ... try

www.ntl.matrix.com

I find this an excellent site for lyrics!    

Listening to: 'Wuthering Heights' from 'Singles' by 'Kate Bush' on Media Jukebox

Moll

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 12:57:50 am »

No there isn't. Try using mp3lyrics. It has no batch-mode but a search functionality.

I already have suggested a batch-search-function to JRiver. I guess, it's not that easy.

nivw

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 01:48:16 am »

I actually think that it has to do more with legal stuff, then writing that feature.
In the past CDDB had the lyrics of most songs (I got the Genesis lyrics that way) then the artists sued them, then they took it off. Now the lyrics are at fans sites, which is supposed to be ok in the legal sense.

BTW there is a problem scrolling down lyrics in the song info window.

Niv

Listening to "If You Don't, Don't" by Jimmy eat world

Scronch

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 02:02:51 am »

>then the artists sued them

Yeah, wouldn't want people collecting your lyrics, poring over them endlessly, and impressing their friends by memorizing them.  Just because the lyrics are already in the public domain, we can't make this stuff easy.  It might actually sell more of your records.

Arghhhhhhh.

Anywho, I still have a friend who keeps bugging me about karaoke lyrics in mp3's.  He wants the right line to pop up in a visualization as the line is sung.  I know it's in the standard somewhere (not sure about the timing issue, though).  I tell him to get a life, and then he usually goes away for a few days, but he keeps coming back.  Anybody have any input for him?  I don't think he needs the little bouncing ball (anna one, anna two...).

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up