INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control  (Read 1411 times)

Haydnsimon

• Recent member
Remote control
« on: August 01, 2008, 10:20:08 am »

My local computer shop sells the Speed Link SL-6399 remote control which claims to be compatible with Windows Media Center. I notice that JRiver supports the official Microsoft Remote control so is it reasonable to assume that the Speed Link will also work with JRiver.

If this cheap remote isn't suitable then what device would you recommend for both media centers ?

N.B. I have looked in the Wiki and help but this seems to be more about boxes that support standard remote controls rather than dedicated computer remotes. I just want to go and buy a suitable remote rather than fiddle around with software and hardware (I do too much of this at work as it is!).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Remote control
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 01:23:14 pm »

I don't remember hearing about any user's experience with the Speed Link SL-6399.  So sorry we're not a lot of help.

We would like to hear how it works out if you do buy one.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:07:07 am »

It sure looks like a Microsoft MC remote... maybe a knock-off?  (http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/images/mce_remote3.jpg

The MCE remote works great out-of-the-box, except for the green button (but there's a work-around for that).

Haydnsimon

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 12:51:37 pm »

In the end I ordered a Sunwave SRM or SIR 140 remote from a different shop. It is also advertised as Windows Media Center compatible but it looks to have more functionality than the Speed Link and for some reason it is actually slightly cheaper where around where I live. I will let this forum know how it works with JRiver Media Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up