INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girder and navigation in JRMC12 (with PB FastMedia remote)  (Read 2224 times)

JoeRose

Hey, I own "Packard Bell FastMedia" Remote and I'm trying to make it work with JRMC12.
I have meneged to make the remote work with Girder and also found a GML file that I use as a strating point which includs all the basic commands (aka play,pause,foward, bacward) But it lacks the navigation commands.

So what i'm trying now is to find out what are the paramaters for the navigation commands using Girder's "Command Capture" tool. But as soon as I start to "watch" JRMC12 I get this huge list of commands in the Command Capture and I just don't know where to look for the navigation commands. If someone could tell me in what section\class I should look for, it will be very helpfull.

Thanks,
Joe.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Girder and navigation in JRMC12 (with PB FastMedia remote)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:27:53 am »

with navigation commands you mean up and down etc...?
i use keyboard emulation to do that via girder.

you do know there is a list with the core commands in the wiki. i use them for mostly anything else in girder/mc

welcome to the forums.

:)
gab

JoeRose

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 06:57:57 am »

Thanks! I didn't know about the core commands list- its exactly what i nedded.
But, I didn't find anything about navigation (and yeah, I mean up, down etc..).

I tried using keyboard spoofing but It doesn't work for me for some reason. I'm sending "DOWN" to the media_center12.exe window and it doesn't do anything.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:15:54 am »

can not help there. i send those commands without specifying where to send it to. works great when using thv.
besides that have i made all commands in the lua scripting language
Code: [Select]
gir.SendKeys(nil,"<DOWN>")maybe you should also use the DOWN between< >

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 05:06:30 am »

You just use the keyboard action in Girder and put the Keys you want to send inside <>

So, <LEFT>, <RIGHT>, <UP>, <DOWN> will do what you need, that's what I use.

Richard

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 03:47:08 am »

Keyboard emulation is working fine if you send it to the foreground window AND you can ensure that MC12 is in the foreground. Unfortunately sometimes it's not, e.g. when building new thumbnails or divx icon is appearing in the status bar.

For that reason it's a good idea to implement some core-commands for navigation and also for "OK" and "Escape". Today there are already some commands available to "navigate", e.g. go to playing now, playlists, music, video, images. Maybe it's not that hard to add some?!

cu
  Marc
Pages: [1]   Go Up