INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Argggh! My cover art has gone missing  (Read 2075 times)

zones

• Recent member
Argggh! My cover art has gone missing
« on: August 03, 2008, 02:23:42 am »

All I wonder if anyone has any pointers.

I have no used my system for some time as I have been rebuilding my Netremote client system.
My cover art is missing from the tool tip and does not show in now play either.
I store my coverart in the Flac Tag, has anybody got a clue where to look.

Zones

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Argggh! My cover art has gone missing
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:42:24 am »

Check your settings in MC Tools/Options/Tree & View/Thumbnails.  You can tell MC there to rebuild missing thumbnails.

If you mean only in Netremote, what do you see in MC?  Are they missing there, too? 

zones

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 03:04:18 pm »

They are missing in MC, If I add the coverrt back into a file it show both in MC and NR
The image file column is completly blank, guess I am adding them in again, at least they are still in my cover art directory.
I am concerned they will disapear again.

Thanks

sithlord0338

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 10:12:57 pm »

I had the same problem today.  I opened up MC12 after firing up my computer and all the thumbnails for my cover art were inexplicably missing.  Yet when I would play a file the cover art would show up in Playing Now.  I was able to fix this problem by going to Options/Tree & View/Thumbnails, and clicking Erase All Thumbnails..., and then clicking on Build Missing Thumbnails... Once I did that all my cover art and thumbnails were in Media Center again.

I still have no idea why my cover art and thumbnails disappeared from Media Center.  Fortunately I still had the cover art saved in my file tags and separately as JPEG's in the album directories.  It took quite a while to rebuild the thumbnails.  I'm really hoping that this doesn't happen frequently because rebuilding 30,000 plus thumbnails is not something I want to do often.  So if this is going to be a recurring bug I really hope it gets fixed soon.

Oh, and yes I am using the latest build of MC12, v12.0.528

Irtelli

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 01:38:56 pm »

I've had this as well. Although in my case it's only showing 70 odd percent of cover art. And when I rebuild thumbnails it makes no difference.

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:07:44 am »

All my cover art dissapeared one day also. I think it was because I shut down the HTPC without closing MC.
Had to rebuild all my cover art. This is a terrible thing when you have used some time to get the right images for Videos etc.

This just adds a huge point towards a complete backup of cover art, caption code, settings AND the library.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:18:43 am »

All my cover art dissapeared one day also. I think it was because I shut down the HTPC without closing MC.
That couldn't do it.

And the new cover art system lets you save a copy of your cover art to our server.  Right click, Cover Art, Submit.

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 04:21:11 pm »

That couldn't do it.

And the new cover art system lets you save a copy of your cover art to our server.  Right click, Cover Art, Submit.

Yea, probably not... I can not think of any good reason as to why it happened then.

The problem with getting the cover art from the database is the time it takes when you need them all back.
And if some of you're cover art is not accepted, you will end up with another cover art than the one you had before.
It's not something you want to do when you turn on the HTPC 5 minutes before the guests arrives to your party.
I use the database for new albums I add to the library, but there are limitations.

Would be great being able to back up cover art, instead of having to make a script to copy the files.
That's what I plan to do anyway. Not sure if it will work as expected.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 05:13:20 pm »

If you're loosing the coverart for video files, a bug was fixed in a relatively recent build regarding this :)
Basic details, bug only applies in these conditions-
Video files (Audio wasn't affected)
Choosing to store coverart in the centralised directory.
Both artist & album are empty.

(MC was using artist then album for storing these, and any new coverart added for files with these conditions would overwrite the previous file)

-Leezer-

MrHaugen

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 01:57:52 am »

That's good to know, but I do not think that was my case since I store the cover art in each album directory.
I fear there might be another one of this bugs in there since there are more of us that's loosing the cove art, apperantly for no reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up