INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi-zone with Delta 1010  (Read 1021 times)

ictsw

Multi-zone with Delta 1010
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:30:22 am »

Hi,

Were using MJ in a hotel environment with 3 zones.  It worked fine on our old PC with 3 sound cards, but since replacing the PC MJ gets confused between the sound cards we have, playing two zones on one card.

We want different types of music playing in different areas (eg resturant, gymn, lounge).

If I purchased the Delta 1010 LT sound card (which looks like it can power several zones) would MJ see the sound card as different outputs?  Would this do the job?

It's a lot of money to spend if it doesn't work!

Regards,
Luke

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Multi-zone with Delta 1010
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:04:20 am »

I'm not certain about the Delta 1010.  You don't need an expensive card to run multiple zones.  Even most $20 cards will do at least a couple zones (but may not have as clean of an output as a good card).

Before buying hardware, you might try playing with the options in Options > Playback to change how we route sound for each zone.

You might also make sure the sound card driver isn't being smart and splitting 2-channel sound to all the outputs.  Look for effects you can disable.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ictsw

Re: Multi-zone with Delta 1010
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 03:31:42 am »

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I already have a PC with 2 internal sound cards and one external USB card.  The computer does get confused though.  After a while, even though I have selected the different cards in the playback options of each zone, several zones seem to stream over each other on one of the other sound cards.

I have flighted with this for a while now and still have no idea on how I can rectify this.  I have seen the River media centre doing this elsewhere perfectly, so its obviously possible.

I will do some playing and if you didn't mind I will post an update. Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up