INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Not Authorized' when playing iTunes DRMed tracks  (Read 1138 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
'Not Authorized' when playing iTunes DRMed tracks
« on: August 08, 2008, 05:47:30 pm »

I have a handful of DRMed iTunes tracks.  My computer is authorized to play them, and they play back fine in iTunes.  When I try to play them with MC I get a message that my computer is not authorized to play the track, iTunes launches, I enter my password for the account, and the progress bar in MC12 starts to move like the track is playing.  No sound is heard and the next time I try to play the same track the whole 'Not Authorized' routine begins again.

Any suggestions on what is wrong or is MC12 currently incompatible with the DRMed iTunes tracks?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: 'Not Authorized' when playing iTunes DRMed tracks
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 06:12:06 pm »

I Just Tried It

MC Told Me It Could Not Play The Tunes.

I Loaded ITunes, And It Asked me If I Wanted To Autherize This Computer, I Said yes.

MC Started Playing The Track After That.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: 'Not Authorized' when playing iTunes DRMed tracks
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:56:49 am »

When I try to play a DRMed file I get the following:

Vista drops out of Aero mode (with the annoying several second couple of black screens switch).
I get a message saying I am not authorized to play the track.
After this happens (whether I follow the authorization prompts or not), the song won't play back through MC12.
Weird side effect is that in the process of the above my machine actually LOSES it authorization to play all DRMed tracks under either my or my wife's accounts.  I also can't sync my apps to the Touch.

Once I open up iTunes on it's own and re-authorize both accounts the tracks play back fine directly through iTunes and everything syncs to the iPod Touch (through iTunes) properly.  That is until I try to open one of the tracks in MC12 and then everything goes FUBAR again.

Not sure if it is a Vista issue, an iTunes issue (running the lastest version), an MC issue or some other random CODEC nonsense and am not even sure where to start tracking it down.  Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up