INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone 2.01 Software Out -- Reportedly Fixes Many Glitches  (Read 1650 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
iPhone 2.01 Software Out -- Reportedly Fixes Many Glitches
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:00:32 pm »

From Boy Genius Report and Engadget:

Well, finally. iPhone firmware 2.0.1 has just been released by Apple, and we're hoping it solves the myriad problems introduced by 2.0: crashing apps, interminable keyboard delays, choppy scrolling -- you know what we're talking about. We're pulling down the 250MB file now, we'll let you know how things turn out

Update: Well, it took its sweet time to install, but things seem a little tighter and snappier all around. We'll give it a day or so of actual usage before we pronounce things A-OK, though -- how's it going for you?

Ok, so far we’ve found 2.0.1 to be extremely more stable. This includes fixing the keyboard lag some users experienced, a speedier OS in general, and it seems to have fixed the god-awful contacts lag. Also we should note that applications install probably 10x faster now through iTunes. We’ve heard reports of a speedier backup as well. Good things all around. Just no copy and paste. Sad.

I've just finished the update.  So far I'd concur with those estimates.  I haven't seen any keyboard lag (I have occasionally before, but it seemed random somewhat) and general speed seems improved (flipping home screens, through options pages, and whatnot).  Most importantly, the Contacts App is MUCH more responsive, so far.  Hopefully it is also a bit more stable.  I have had one hard-lock since I got it last week, and a few Safari and other app crashes.  Nothing too severe, but hopefully this'll be better.

No word yet on if the same update is out for Touch owners...  Any update on this?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up