INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean-up empty directories  (Read 995 times)

Vlad

Clean-up empty directories
« on: July 28, 2002, 07:51:41 pm »

After working on the library for a while, you end up with lots of empty directories on your music disk (incorrect Artist and Album names).  Is there any  way of identifying and deleting them, other than stepping through each one manually?

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
RE:Clean-up empty directories
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 08:05:04 pm »

I use SpeedCommander 8 for this purpose; it allows to display the size of subfolders and so I can, more or less, easily identify empty directories.
But one problem: when you have many subfolders underneth a folder, some of them filled and some not, you cannot identify on the upper folder. So you have, in the extermest case, to walk through all subfolders anyway.

Yes. It should be better, if MJ does that automatically. The same problem exists if you import files from different locations into the "main" folder-structure (I personally rip into \EAC-Waves and the archive is in \MP3).

HTH.

Vlad

• Recent member
  • Application Developermusic, hi-fi, fishing
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2002, 08:15:35 pm »

Mirko,

I've got the second "problem" as well.  I rip with EAC to a "local" disk and then move across to the server using Find/Replace within MJ.  It's not much of a problem, though.  Occasionally, at a point where I've moved everything over and not ripped anything new, I just delete the whole directory structure on my rippng disk.

P.S. It looks like I've finally figured out how to sign on to this forum.  It seems I set up a Username different to my Nickname and was trying to sign on using the Nickname.  I wasn't getting any error message. Just nothing was happening.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2002, 08:45:57 pm »

Vlad,

in my case some files "stick" in the EAC-folder until I rename them or do an additional import. I haven't figured out a concrete scenaria yet.
E.g:

eac\file1.mp3
eac\dir1\file2.mp3

Sometimes(?) MJ imports only file2.mp3 but not file1.mp3. I thought about filenames, but I'm not sure.

Maybe I will write a little tool to clean up the directorystructure after import...
Pages: [1]   Go Up