INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power On & Specify Zone (or monitor) & TheaterView with one Shortcut?  (Read 1608 times)

thurston

• World Citizen

My goal is have a single icon (shortcut) on my second monitor that will start Theater View on the same (2nd Monitor) screen.

I've figured out how to consistently do this using 3 shortcuts that have to be clicked in order.  First I created 3 shortcuts on my desktop all pointing to C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe.  Then I altered the target of each shortcut as specified below by right clicking then  Properties->Shortcut Tab-> Target:C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe

Once the targets are changed, the shortcuts are clicked in this order:

1st - Shortcut with C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /Power  (This starts MC).  According to the wiki (http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/The_Command_Line) the command line parameters should first start Media Center if it is not already running.  I did not find this to be the case when using the 2nd shortcut (below).

2nd - Shortcut with  C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /mcc 10011,1   (This changes the Zone to Zone 2).  I have Zone 2 configured to display full screen on Monitor 2 (Player->Playback Options->Zone Manager->Add Zone 2->Activate->Configure->Display Settings->Monitor Display #2)

3rd - Shortcut with C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /Mode Theater (This starts Theater View). 

This does the trick, but I would love to have a single desktop icon that starts MC in TheaterView on monitor 2.  Any tips/ideas?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

have you tried to only use the 3rd shortcut, and set "switch to zone on load" to zone 2 in options>theaterview>advanced?
dont know if it will work for what you want. just an idea.

edit: actualy i just tested it and that seems to work on my system.

thurston

• World Citizen

That did it Gappie.  Thanks again for the help!

The only issue is that if I want to switch to full screen on monitor one, I have to toggle the zone manually first.  Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have a single shortcut on monitor 2 for zone 2 and one on monitor one that opens in zone 1.

JONCAT

Helpful stuff, thanks

DC

gappie

That did it Gappie.  Thanks again for the help!

The only issue is that if I want to switch to full screen on monitor one, I have to toggle the zone manually first.  Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have a single shortcut on monitor 2 for zone 2 and one on monitor one that opens in zone 1.
your welcum.

you could ofcource also make two bat files, with the rules you posted in the first post, one for zone 1 one for zone 2. but you need some trick to build in a delay between the 1st and the 2nd command. benN posted somewhere a bat with that.

one other thing is that toggling zones is not that dificult when you use the keyboard. for when you are unfamiliar with the shortuts.
ctrl & 1 to bring you back to standard view.
ctrl & T to switch zones.
ctrl & 4 to bring up the theaterview in the new zone, or ctrl & 3 to bring up fullscreen.

a last option could be to use ultra mon. you have the test version havnt you? make a keyboard shortcut in option to move window to next monitor. works with standard view and fullscreen, but only partly with theaterview, on my system, i guess because of the different resolutions etc between the two monitors.

good luck

:)
gab

and a last thing. i use girder for my remote, but also to do commands like that. just in case you are using that to, an other option.

thurston

• World Citizen

I have the trial version of Ultramon and while it's great for seting up taskbars, icons, etc on multiple monitors, I haven't been able to get it working properly with MC.  I had posted on the forum there as well but didn't get the answers I was looking for.

Anyway, I 've never worked with bat files or girder, but I've been meaning to check out the later as I do use a Gyration remote.  For now ctrl-T will work for using zone one on my computer monitor and the desktop shortcut as described abovce works for my TV and remote.  I have it set up to open with one click so when I want theaterview on my tv it is one click of the (mouse) remote away.

mgreg123

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Power On & Specify Zone (or monitor) & TheaterView with one Shortcut?
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 11:36:45 am »

Thurston,
That worked perfectly is there so an option for Volume & Mute Controls?
Thanks,
Michael

gappie

Re: Power On & Specify Zone (or monitor) & TheaterView with one Shortcut?
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 04:26:41 pm »

Thurston,
That worked perfectly is there so an option for Volume & Mute Controls?
Thanks,
Michael
for mute you could use mc12.exe /mcc 10017,0
for volume up mc12.exe /mcc 10018,3  where the 3 is the percentage that it is going up, could be an other number.
for volume down mc12.exe /mcc 10019,5 where the 5 is the percentage that it is going down, could be an other number.
you can find these commands here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up