INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible integration of other database lookup instead of YADB  (Read 1747 times)

swinster

• World Citizen
Possible integration of other database lookup instead of YADB
« on: August 24, 2008, 04:58:24 pm »

Hi,

I wondered if there would be the possibility for adding other databases to lookup tag information instead of just YADB.

I've only been using MJ for a couple of days but it seems as though YADB is limited and often does not retrieve the info or retirves it incorrectly.

Maybe the use of FreeDB, Amazon or AllMusic might be options.

In addition, once I have manually updated the tags I then try to submit the new info to YADB, but it seem that only 2 files are ever submitted.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Possible integration of other database lookup instead of YADB
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 06:45:19 pm »

No.  But if you don't find a CD, maybe you could add the data and help someone else.

If not all files are accepted, it means that the data exists on YADB.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Possible integration of other database lookup instead of YADB
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 06:49:53 pm »

If you'd like, you can post the incorrect example here. The YADB data has consistently been getting better, I'd be interested in seeing cases where it is not doing well.

CD submission is handled automatically, though it certainly doesn't hurt to do it manually.

Track submission is still only manual, and is restricted to tracks appearing on CDs in the database.
To phrase it a different way: you can only submit individual tracks that match a CD in the database.
If the CD title (of the track) is spelled differently enough, or worse, not there, the track will not be accepted.

j

Pages: [1]   Go Up