INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jukebox 12.0.47 and .m4a files  (Read 1606 times)

lcymru

Jukebox 12.0.47 and .m4a files
« on: August 24, 2008, 09:07:10 pm »

Hi.  I just stumbled across the JRiver Media Jukebox (seems like it deserves more publicity) and it is impressive -- particularly .cue file support and gapless playback.  I attempted to add a mix of files (including .m4a) to the library via the auto import feature, but the "analyzing audio" phase -- I'm guessing for the .m4a files -- is very slow.

I can't tell for sure, because I can't tell how many .m4a's were processed before I canceled during "analyzing audio", but it appears that I cannot play the .m4a track until it has been "analyzed" (because when I try .m4a tracks at the top of the library list they play, but when I try others farther down on the library list I get an "unsupported file type" errror - which I can't seem to escape from without killing the program since it just advances to the next track with the same error when I click OK or the X on the error message).

I found a thread, relative to Media Center, that said to "Go to Tools -> Options -> Playback Engine -> DirectShow Playback Settings..., and uncheck the checkbox next to "m4a" in the list on the right hand side", but I cannot find this option in Jukebox.

I have a Core2Duo machine with iTunes installed, as well as foobar2000, Nero, etc.

Help would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up