INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod sync creating mp3 entries in library  (Read 1559 times)

jbaron

• Recent member
iPod sync creating mp3 entries in library
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:54:00 am »

Greetings,

Today, I've been trying to sync my 8GB iPod Nano (it's red, just in case that little fact matters) for the first time in a few weeks.  After wrestling with the stack stuff, and finally just turning it off, I've managed to sync 5GB of mp3 files that were mostly created via automatic conversion from flac files in my media library.

However, now my library contains entries for nonexistent mp3 files.  I can't play them, since they don't exist.  I can get rid of them 1 by 1, but there are hundreds of them, and since my lirbary has a few mp3 files in it, I can't simply get rid of all of the mp3 files.

Also, when I try to sync my iPod again, now I get the dreaded "duplicate" records since Media Center believes that I have two files that are practically identical.

Help!

Thanks,

Jeff

m1abrams

• World Citizen
Re: iPod sync creating mp3 entries in library
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:59:51 am »

I too have seen this behaviour but have not been able to figure when it happens exactly.  I know it is coming from the conversion cache(stacks) but not sure why it is showing up in the library.  Also the location of the files listed if for a temp location that is neither where my cache files are stored nor in any of the auto-import locations.

To Add:  When I see this it usually is just a couple of files, much fewer than the number that were converted.

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:34:16 pm »

This is still happening to me - when I sync I get upwards of 600 duplicate entries (syncing ~13000) - entries which then suddenly pop up in my 'Recently Imported' list.
Nothing changes in the locations, though (that I'm aware of) - just duplicate entries to the same .mp3 stacked cache file. Just a minor nuisance, but a nuisance.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:44:56 pm »

add the column 'Stack Tag' to your view.  Sort on that field.
Delete any rows that show HHCache in that column.

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:02:52 pm »

Thanks - yeah, I've gotten used to this and already entered several variations on [Stack Top] & [Stack Tag] as permanent searches in my 'workshop' view scheme so removing different types of duplicates is fast. It's just frustrating when I'm working w/the Recently Imported list and 15 entries suddenly appear out of nowhere! Oh well. I can't wait for MC13  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up