INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundblaster Xtreme Audio Notebook  (Read 1806 times)

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Soundblaster Xtreme Audio Notebook
« on: September 03, 2008, 11:52:59 pm »

Does anyone have any experience with this sound card? I've got a dell Studio 1735 with a 3650 integrated sound card. During playback there are clicks and noise in the playback. I use a lot of M4A files to sync lossless to an IPod and the noise is not in the file through the IPod. I'm not sure if the noise is from MC, my PC or the sound card and am wondering if an external sound card would clear it up. I've looked for other sound cards that use expresscard 54 but haven't seen any. Is it just too new?
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

vbrook

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Soundblaster Xtreme Audio Notebook
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:34:45 pm »

I'm not a computer expert by any means, but i've run into this problem on numerous occasions, with various sound cards, playback software, and machines. The problem has always been a conflict of some sort, whether a driver or the hardware itself.

Too often, the culprit is the wireless card. Try disabling it and go from there.

I doubt there is anything defective with your machine, and I'm sure MC is probably not the problem.

dlmax63

• World Citizen
Re: Soundblaster Xtreme Audio Notebook
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 04:32:45 pm »

vbrook, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll be doing some listening tonight and reply back to this thread with my findings.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up