INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC13 Feature Request - Videoconvert for mobiledevice  (Read 1405 times)

tdipower

• Recent member
MC13 Feature Request - Videoconvert for mobiledevice
« on: December 28, 2008, 03:50:52 pm »

Hi.

I would love to see the possibility to automaticly convert video/videopodcasts so it can be used on my Xperia. I have changed from a iPhone to SE Xperia, but the missing videopodcast is making me go crasy. Most of the videos downloaded, like the one from tekzilla.com and so on are in apple format mp4, but this  videos lags on the xperia and other WM's. I now first need to download the video from tekzilla, convert it in a 3rd party program and then add it in MC13 and then transfer it to the phone.

MC13 is capable of downloading videopodcasts, but in the handheld menu and under conversion it's only possible to convert to vmw 320*240, psp og 3gp. Why not converting to "any" size, shape and format? My Xperia likes best the regular size of the podcast size of 640*360 but the video should be h264 mpeg4 in 512-768 kbits and aac sound with 96kbits. this because hardwaresupport does support this settings best. So if MC could do this job for me, it would be able to mostly make up for the iphone and itunes.

the only thing missing then would be the posibility to resume at the last spot on the phone and the computer. but I guess this need more software on both the phone and computer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC13 Feature Request - Videoconvert for mobiledevice
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 03:57:57 pm »

PSP may work.

tdipower

• Recent member
Re: MC13 Feature Request - Videoconvert for mobiledevice
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:32:38 am »

No, I only got an error... but anyway would it be great to be able to adjust it myself.

Also the podcast area seems to be having some issues on a satelite like my notebook, but works ok on my main computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up