INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting - Theater View  (Read 1773 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Sorting - Theater View
« on: September 11, 2008, 12:42:32 pm »

I have selected to view by disk location...then how does it sort?  By date?  I have transfered all my dv tapes to my htpc and I want to watch them in chronolocial order (within seperate folders for events, seasons, trips etc)  I was hoping it would go by file name.  I transfered a tape that was recorded at the beginning of summer after an end of summer tape.  So as a result the order is flipped.  In order to get around this I named the beginning of summer files "Summer 08 - ....." where the other is Summer '08 - ...." Taking out the ' will put it ahead of by filename but not by date.

Any ideas?

I hope this wasn't too confusing.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sorting - Theater View
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 05:24:27 pm »

Admin...any help here?

Any thoughts?  I'm not going to slag the response cuz this is actually pretty good tech support system but this is the flaw.  I'd appreciate any thoughts even if there is nothing I can do.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 05:27:53 pm »

You could probably make a playlist and drag and drop files in it until you liked the order.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:15:56 pm »

You can create a view scheme in Standard View that shows the files how you want and sorts how you want.

Then use the "Views" button in Theater View to select this view, and it will use the same sorting.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Puffkin123

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

You can create a view scheme in Standard View that shows the files how you want and sorts how you want.

Then use the "Views" button in Theater View to select this view, and it will use the same sorting.

How do you create a view scheme?

globetrotters1

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:28:53 pm »

Puffkin123,

a good hint: use HELP - there it is written up and it's pretty easy to figure out

M.
Pages: [1]   Go Up