INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hauppauge HVR2200  (Read 1856 times)

mattsnuts

• Junior Woodchuck
  • that'll do
Hauppauge HVR2200
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:50:56 pm »

Media center 12.0.533 stops responding when I'm trying to tune in my DVBT channels with this card. I'm using Vista.

I entered the following in my DVB Frequencies.xml for my country (New Zealand):
    <Country Name="New Zealand" CountryCode="64" NetworkType="DVB-T" Bandwidth="8">
   <Channel Freq="538000"/>
   <Channel Freq="570000"/>
   <Channel Freq="666000"/>
    </Country>

Which I think is correct.

Now when I go TV Tuner -> Options -> Digital Chan it starts scanning automatically. I let it run until "Scanning is done" and it doesn't find any channels. So I hit Scan and this time it'll find 6 channels.

I click OK and instead of jumping back to the TV Tuner options, the TV Tuner options page closes and I'm now in the TV Tuner main screen. At this point I can't click anything or do anything in MC as it doesn't respond so I have to kill it in Task Manager.

I experimented further and found if when it scans the channels, if I delete all the found channels except one, it won't crash and I can get back to the main TV Tuner window OK. Now I can select the channel it found (TV3) and click Watch. It says Playing TV3 (0% signal strength) and just displays a black screen.

Also none of my analog channels work, bah MC has crashed for good now and it won't start up so I can't post what the error message says.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Hauppauge HVR2200
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:27:08 am »

You mentioned in a thread on MC13 board that MPEG4 is used in your country. I wonder if that has anything to do with your trouble.

Try producing a log file and either email it to me (yaobing at jriver dot com) or attach it to your post here.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up