INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zooming with IE  (Read 1731 times)

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
zooming with IE
« on: September 14, 2008, 05:06:26 pm »

Anyway to set this up,some kind of short cut? I can do it with my keyboard with Firefox but I don't know how with IE. I use MC a lot on my TV and it's just too small to read normally, even on a 51 inch set

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: zooming with IE
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:50:49 am »

I agree completely on this.  I really, really wish you'd actually abandon using the IE rendering engine for MC.  WebKit or Gecko (Safari/Chrome or Firefox) would be so much better for a ton of things.  However, assuming that you are still using the IE engine, IE7 has a reasonably-well implemented full-page zoom feature.  It isn't quite as nice as the Firefox full-page zoom, but it works fairly well.

Could we get access to this, at least?  It'd be particularly useful with the new links feature in MC13 (and for buying things from the Amazon store)!

It'd be even better if there was some way you could have it "save" the zoom level on a per-website basis.  That's how Firefox works and it is beautiful. 
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:05:43 am »

I would love to see FF in MC13, but if not, at least the ability to open the Amazon store and Artist Info in a seperate browser.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 06:14:01 pm »

I noticed that in MC13 it looks like the internal IE might be doing something with the zoom level based on the font size selected in MC.  I didn't mess with it much, but when I briefly looked at some of the links in MC13 last night, it was much better on my TV than MC12 always was with its web assets.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 06:21:09 pm »

I noticed that in MC13 it looks like the internal IE might be doing something with the zoom level based on the font size selected in MC.  I didn't mess with it much, but when I briefly looked at some of the links in MC13 last night, it was much better on my TV than MC12 always was with its web assets.
We spent a lot of time on that.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 06:22:21 pm »

We spent a lot of time on that.

Well, based on my cursory examination... Good job!

Pages: [1]   Go Up