INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video "groups" in Theater View?  (Read 1015 times)

ukahfur

• Recent member
Video "groups" in Theater View?
« on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:38 pm »

Hi,

Can someone tell me if there is a way to group videos together in Theater View? Let me clarify....in Theater View you can view your audio collection by artist/album and Media Center takes all the albums for each artist and stacks them on top of each other. You then click on the artist and it shows you all of the albums by that artist. I would like to know if there is a way to do the same thing with videos. Specifically, I would like to take all the videos for a TV series and group them into Seasons/Episodes.  So, for example, I would like to group together all of my "Dexter Season One" videos, and then I would like to click on the "Season" group and then select an episode to watch. I thought maybe I could "stack" them together but it doesn't look like there's a way to unstack them from within Theater View.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

ukahfur

• Recent member
Re: Video "groups" in Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 11:21:08 pm »

Ok, granted this isn't the most elegant solution, but I can retag each video so that the TV Series Name goes in the Genre field and the Season # goes in the Album field. Then if set the view to Genre/Album/Name it gives me what I'm after.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video "groups" in Theater View?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 08:57:25 am »

If you edit the View Scheme, you can set what files to show in Step 4. Just add Video in the Audio View Scheme, or the other way around. A new View Scheme would probably be best.
For the standard view you can just add the Series and Season columns, but I think you'll have to do some more tweaking for it to look logical in Theater View. Have not tried that.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up