INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag fields  (Read 1599 times)

Meshugene

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Tag fields
« on: September 29, 2008, 05:24:42 am »

I have the billboard lists of music going back to the forties. I use the track field for the overall rating for the year. I want to start using the track field as it was intended, for the tracks of an album. I need a field, other than the comment field, which will stay with the file not just the MJ library, to store the ranking for the year. I must be able to display this field in a visualization. Any ideas? Thanks

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tag fields
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:41:18 am »

Add you're own library field? It's located under Tools - Options - Library & Folders - User Library Fields. When created there is an alternative to store it in the file tag.
I have made several like Sub Genre, Artist Rating and Track Rating. They all seems to stick with the file tag.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Meshugene

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:10:55 pm »

Thanks so much for your help. I had a lot of trouble with MJ12 so I went back to MJ8. I don't see the option for adding library fields in this version. But thanks again.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 01:48:31 pm »

There is probably much more that is not included in MJ8.
Can't really understand why you would go back to MJ8; but then again, I have never tried version 8.
What's so great about it? Would like to know.

Meshugene

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 01:57:36 pm »

What's great about it is that it works flawlessly and I had nothing but trouble with version 12. Since 8 does all I want it to do, it wasn't worth the hassle

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 02:06:13 pm »

MJ12 also works flawlessly. 

Could you copy your system info from MJ Help and paste it here?

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 05:07:24 pm »

What's great about it is that it works flawlessly and I had nothing but trouble with version 12. Since 8 does all I want it to do, it wasn't worth the hassle

It might work great for what you need right now. But as you learn more of the features that MJ12 and MC12 have, I'm sure you would find other uses for it as well.
I was only using MC12 for audio, untill I found out it was great for tagging, listening to radio, watching videos, Theater View, videos with post processing, using media server, playback of image DVD and HD movies etc etc. The list is almost endless.

I'm sure most of you're problem is to find out exactly how to do the things you want, and to do it right. It's probably there, but it might be a bit burried from what you are used to?
Only problem with MJ and MC 12 is that it takes some time getting used to....
Pages: [1]   Go Up