INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back-track button behaviour  (Read 1231 times)

Vlad

Back-track button behaviour
« on: July 26, 2002, 05:26:34 am »

When the back track button is pressed, play resumes with the beginning of the previous track.  This is in conflict with most CD players (that I'm familiar with) where, on first press, play resumes at the beginning of the currently playing track.  To go to the previous track, it must be pressed twice.

Is this intentional behaviour or a bug?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Back-track button behaviour
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 05:46:49 am »

Intentional.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Vlad

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2002, 05:49:58 am »

Why?  Am I out of touch with "normal" player behaviour?  I must admit that the players I use are a few years old.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2002, 05:51:37 am »

Vlad, it's the way it is.  If we changed it now, we'd probably hear from thousands of people saying "Hey, why did you change that?"
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2002, 06:56:14 am »

Sounds like a selectable Back button option behaviour setting is needed (v9.0, maybe?).  I too have noticed the same thing about MJ, but I rarely 'speak up'.

scodan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 10:11:41 am »

Many players (such as CDmax) make this behavior an option.  I can't remember how physical CD players tend to behave.

Unless the behavior of the back button were made optional, I think it's better the way it is.

Vlad, do you have a three-button mouse?  I'm thinking that if you do, you could use the middle button as a "double click", and use that on the back button.

Vlad

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 02:55:57 pm »

scodan,

I don't like to boast, but I've got 5 buttons, and a wheel.  But, that doesn't help.  If I took your advice, I'd then have a single press option for going back 2 tracks (not very useful) but still no button for restarting the current track.

Listening to: 'Miss Sarajevo' from 'Songs From The Last Century' by 'George Michael' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up