INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control and TV questions  (Read 1433 times)

jarthel

• Recent member
Remote control and TV questions
« on: October 02, 2008, 11:31:43 pm »

I've search but nothing useful came up (or at least quite confusing for someone just starting with the app)

1. remote control - I already have an MCE remote. I was searching the wiki and found this:

NOTE: One trick is the MS Keyboard/RC use a "debounce" feature that you need to turn off in the registry if you are going to program a third party universal remote control as each key press on the MCE Remote / K'B sends alternative IR signals to prevent so called IR bounce. You can turn this off inside Windows Media Center on Vista or search in the registry for "debounce" and toggle the value

my questions are:
- what do you mean by toggle the value? alternate between 0 and 1?

- if I want to use a harmony in the future, I assume I can use the MCE IR module? if yes, what device should I select in the Harmony config? I looked at the harmony site and it has support for both MCE and J River MC12. I assume MCE since I'm using their IR module?

2. TV (currently do not have a tv tuner yet but planning to get one in the future)

I was initially looking at Vista MC and it seems (at least from the screenshots I've found) that it has a nice good looking TV programs list. Does J River have something similar in theater mode?

That's all for now.

Thank you very much :)

ps. initial impressions are more favorable compared to Vista MC. The interface seems clunky and navigation is not as intuitive.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remot control and TV questions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:00:13 am »

Welcome to the forum.

1.  I believe you're correct.  1 or 0.  But I'm not certain.

2.  MC13 has an XMLTV based Electronic Program Guide (EPG).

jarthel

• Recent member
Re: Remot control and TV questions
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 11:23:08 am »

Welcome to the forum.

1.  I believe you're correct.  1 or 0.  But I'm not certain.

2.  MC13 has an XMLTV based Electronic Program Guide (EPG).

any thoughts on my previous MCE remote question?

Also, I have been using the MCE remote with MC12. How can I skip/rewind/fast forward using this remote?

thanks again :)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remote control and TV questions
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 08:54:32 pm »

The MCE remote/receiver works well with MC out-of-box. You can download a MCE profile for your Harmony remote and this will work just as well. I use a Harmony with an MCE receiver and it works great.

Also, I have been using the MCE remote with MC12. How can I skip/rewind/fast forward using this remote?

Using the ff (>>) and rew (<<) buttons. Alternatively, when you're in Display View (fullscreen watching a movie for example) you can use the arrow keys and Enter on the remote to navigate and select options via the on-screen-menu (OSD). Give it a go. This offers many playback options.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

jarthel

• Recent member
Re: Remote control and TV questions
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:34:58 pm »

The MCE remote/receiver works well with MC out-of-box. You can download a MCE profile for your Harmony remote and this will work just as well. I use a Harmony with an MCE receiver and it works great.

I have been pressing the rewind and forward buttons and nothing is happening. I was watching a DVD (full screen) when I was doing this. any thoughts?

how about previous/next track/chapter buttons?

thanks again :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up