INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW TO MJ - iPOD SYNC PROBLEMS  (Read 1140 times)

Dzikus

NEW TO MJ - iPOD SYNC PROBLEMS
« on: October 04, 2008, 01:33:44 am »

I am trying to sync MJ and my iPod. I am runnig MJ from an account that doesn't not have Admin Rights. MJ keeps sending me the following msg "Device information cannot be retrieved. Please, reboot your PC and retry". I have used different USB ports, restarted the the laptop several times and the msg keeps popping up. Then, I run the MJ from the Admin account and MJ was able to open the iPOD, but all my music is in the previous account and I do not want to run MJ inside of the Admin Acct for security reasons. I had a similar problem before when trying to Rip a CD. I was told to run a special program to set the proper rights to the user without Admin rights. It worked. Do I have to run a special program again?

Could anybody give me a hand? Thank you in advance.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: NEW TO MJ - iPOD SYNC PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 10:57:57 pm »

Have you tried right-clicking on the MJ shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator"?  You can do that from your normal user account.  You'll likely need to supply an administrator password if you have a password set.

I don't have MJ installed (I use Media Center).  I also don't have a test system to play with different scenarios.  I'm just offering an option to try.  I'm curious if after running it with "Run as administrator" once and getting the iPod identified while upgraded to administrator level, that maybe it will be able to identify the iPod as a normal user after that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up