INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party Mode shouldn't protect Recently Played (right?)  (Read 1045 times)

Scronch

Party Mode shouldn't protect Recently Played (right?)
« on: July 25, 2002, 11:58:40 pm »

In multiple smartlists, I use Not Last Played: <999999 to avoid playing songs that have been played since Recently Played was last cleared.  This is a truly powerful implementation, because it survives changing Playing Now by various methods, and even stopping and starting MJ.  But it appears that if I have Party Mode turned on, then when MJ is stopped and restarted, Recently Played reverts to what it was when Party Mode was turned on.  This makes sense for Playing Now, but I don't think it's the right approach for Recently Played.  The idea behind Party Mode is to stop people from messing up your database and settings, but it shouldn't disable the ability to filter out songs which have been played.  Right?

Scronch

Scronch

RE:Party Mode shouldn't protect Recently Played (right?)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 05:26:24 pm »

...bump

Scronch

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 12:08:36 pm »

Hmmm, doesn't anyone else use SmartLists to remove previously-played songs, and use Party Mode?  I thought this was pretty basic stuff.

Scronch

Scronch

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 08:45:13 pm »

I feel so... alone.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 05:54:15 am »

I guess our thinking is that Recently Played is a part of the database, and therefore should be protected.

Maybe version 9 can offer some beefed up party mode options.  We'd have to start throwing some parties though...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Scronch

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 10:16:47 am »

From an implementation standpoint, including Recently Played within Party mode protection makes sense.  From a user standpoint, Party Mode allows others to "safely" play from the database without wrecking it, but the songs are being played, so having Recently Played survive close/opens would make more sense.  But I understand that the database boundary has to be drawn somewhere, and that RP is currently within that boundary.

I will have to run MJ in non-Party Mode.  If I can find a utility you described, to hide/show a running application, that will help.  Although I do expect at some point someone will need to change something in PN, and will end up wrecking the database.

Scronch

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2002, 11:02:23 am »

Scronch

>> I feel so... alone.

Here Is a Puppy

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Scronch

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2002, 12:14:34 pm »

I've had dogs my whole life.  Speaking from experience, those are not shadows--they are wet spots on the rug.

Scronch

Scronch

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2002, 07:54:50 pm »

I tried "Quick Hide Windows", but it won't hide MJ when in Mini-me.  I looked at some other "hiding" programs, but they didn't fit well.  I'll probably have to lock the computer each time with ctl-alt-del.  All this because Party Mode clears Recently Played on MJ close/open.  Frustrating.

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up