INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to use Replay Gain  (Read 661 times)

flatom

• Recent member
How to use Replay Gain
« on: July 25, 2002, 08:45:44 pm »

Will someone please explain how I use Replay Gain in v. 8.0.318? Help doesn't tell much. The only adjustment I have available is "Manual Adjustment (global)". There is no adjustment available for the current track.

There is also no field from which to make a selection of songs to be Replay Gained.

I'm wondering whether I got a clean installation. My computer is adequate for the task.

Any help?

Tom

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
RE:How to use Replay Gain
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 09:46:19 pm »

A:
I think you have to look into the properties of the file and choose something like "replay gain" from the menu in this dialog.

Q:
Is it able to clean replay-gain-data from a file? e.g. if I am "replay-gaining" my whole collection, some classical songs will need manual work, if they are normalized to max.

flatom

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 10:27:44 pm »

Thank you, Mirko. You're right. It's under the Tools menu when the file's Properties window is opened. Thank you. Too bad that bit of information isn't found in Help. It ain't easy being a newbie with MJ.

Next question: is it a wise practice to Replay Gain the entire media library in order to equalize the volume level of all files? Is that how it's done?

Thanks,
Tom

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 10:33:24 pm »

flatatom: The credits should go to someone else, because I myself have asked a similar question yesterday, I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up