INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported files not showing up  (Read 946 times)

J-Ro

• Recent member
  • n/a - as in unemployed...
Imported files not showing up
« on: July 25, 2002, 05:42:03 pm »

I just cleared and re-imported my entire MJ library. In the process 6220 files were imported. When I went to look for a particular album there was only one track visible in either the album or artist views (track 15 coincidentally). I checked the folder where this album's files reside and they were there.

Thinking that perhaps it was some minor glitch I attempted to import the files from only that folder. Upon completion MJ reported that 17 files had been imported.  I then returned to that album in MJ and the tracks are still not there.

I am stumped. Any help would be appriceated.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Imported files not showing up
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 06:23:38 pm »

Try clicking on "location" to sort by location, then looking in the sorted list for your files.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

J-Ro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 08:16:58 pm »

Ok thanks, they and are there. Now the question is why are the ID3 tags for the album field not registering?

If I look at the file properties in an explorer window all the info is there, but for some reason it's not registering when I import them into MJ. I looked at more files and it would appear that quite a few of them are missing one field or another.

It seems that most frequently it's the genre field, I think that it's specifically files that were encoded using Windows Media Player. Please note that tag info is only missing for some of the files created with WMP.

Stumped but still screwing around with it...

Any insight?

J-Ro

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 09:15:36 pm »

Ok the more I look the more I find files that don't have the correct info. It seems that some of the files are missing Artist info. Those that are use the file name as the Track name. There can be an entire CD's worth of MP3's in a folder and when they are imported all but 3 of them have Artist info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up