INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to add new root view scheme?  (Read 1673 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to add new root view scheme?
« on: October 08, 2008, 12:17:14 am »

I select a new view to add and it prompts me to choose from one of the defaults, but none are listed because it is a root scheme. 
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to add new root view scheme?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 12:50:26 am »

Read from here down for some possible help.

Editing an existing view scheme so that it ignores parent view search rules, and remove all the rules from 'specify files to show' so that it shows all files in the library, then saving it, should also work. When adding a root view, you should see that view in the view selector. Select it, then edit it to suit your needs.

-marko

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:53:10 am »

Cool, this will just emphasize it needs to be addressed!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 01:05:03 am »

Editing an existing view scheme so that it ignores parent view search rules, and remove all the rules from 'specify files to show' so that it shows all files in the library, then saving it, should also work. When adding a root view, you should see that view in the view selector. Select it, then edit it to suit your needs.

-marko
Tested this this morning, and it does not work.
So far, the only way I have managed to get a saved view to present itself for adding to the root is to open a .jvi file in a text editor and change its 'media type' value to 15
but, that only works if you have all four media types present in your library, Audio, Image, Video and Data. If I have the time, I'll try and get at the values for other media type combinations.
You only need one of these, because obviously, once added, you customise to your hearts content.

-marko.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 03:35:03 am »

JRiver would just need to add a "go to customize" button that would open the customize window in case no predefined views are available. The button could be available also when the intention is to select one of the available views and use it as a templete for an edited view. Now you need to select a view, close the window and separately open the customize window.

Also, as said before, the add and customize windows should be able to rename the views. I always try to find a place where I can type the view scheme's name before I remember that I must do it separately by selecting the tree branch and renaming it.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 04:27:55 am »

For sure.
It's been mentioned in several threads already. I feel pretty sure JRiver will revisit this sooner rather than later.

(Sooner than that though, we need to get back control over whether or not standard view fields are saved in files ;))
Pages: [1]   Go Up