INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Audio out  (Read 997 times)

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
No Audio out
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:51:22 am »

All of a sudden i can get zero audio from MC although other players are OK playing the same sources.   Have uninstalled and downloaded and installed the newer 12.0.534 and still no audio although the player is 'playing' a track with the progress bar and spectrum thingys active.    Obviously something basic I'm missing.  What have I done?  Audio card drivers installed and OK. Any clues appreciated.

Peter

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: No Audio out
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 05:15:24 am »

Since you didn't say that you don't have volume muted:

Check the "mute status" either
- in top menu > Player > Playback Options > Volume
- or by right-clicking the volume slider
- or by clicking the small speaker icon besides the volume slider

If that wasn't the cause of the problem could you check what you have set in the playback options and also test if different settings would work?

Did you notice the problem after installing a new MC build or something else on your PC (like Windows updates) or did the audio output just disappear even though nothing was installed or any settings were changed in MC or Windows?

Also, you didn't tell what kind of files you have tried to play, but based on your description I assume you cannot hear any audio output - no matter what file or media type you try to play. Am I correct? 
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Re: No Audio out
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 05:59:16 am »

Many thanks, Alex B,  'mute' was on.....not sure how that happened....did not even know thr 'on/off' was there.   Had checked everything else.    Whew...back to the music.    thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up