INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party Playlist...Normalization or replay gain... or what?  (Read 914 times)

Timmy d

Party Playlist...Normalization or replay gain... or what?
« on: July 25, 2002, 01:26:18 pm »

Have created a Party playlist from various sources,... vinyl, cd and mp3 etc. I need to get the volume the same for evey track, what is the best way to do this? can i use media editor or...
The playlist is nearly five hours long, please help if you can /.....
Thanks!

P.s I expect you've guessed I'm a bit of a novice... please give simple instructions.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Party Playlist...Normalization or replay gain... or what?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 01:32:40 pm »

Check MJ Help on Replay Gain.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sdcoochie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 02:51:07 pm »

I think normalization is in the burning and recording process. However Replay Gain is used to make all of the files in your playlist equal in volume. I have found that I do this for albums to get the tracks equal in volume when they are coming from different sources or codecs or bit rates. I have also found that the adjustment that it makes is usually quite a minus gain on all files so after I have replay gained all of my files in the playlist I usually manually make the gain 5-10db louder using the DSP studio setting. This will still give each song in the playlist a similar peak because all the files were replay gained. It is a good option for these types of playlists. However, I know a lot of people replay gain all of their files.

Timmy d

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2002, 02:20:12 am »

Thankyou all for your kind words and advice... I will try a short playlist too see if it works. Will let you know how I get on...and also how the party went!!!....Cheers for now

T
Pages: [1]   Go Up