INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skins/Plugins downloading and installing for MC13.  (Read 1112 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Skins/Plugins downloading and installing for MC13.
« on: October 25, 2008, 05:44:12 pm »

I noticed that the skings/plugins page does not list MC13 as an option.  Does this mean that none of the skins/plugins are compatible with MC13, or that they won't automatically install to the correct place for MC13, or that the page simply hasn't been updated yet, or...?  If some of the plugins actually do work with MC13, how do we download/install them for MC13 when MC12 is still on the system as well?  Normally when you hit a "download" button it downloads and automatically installs for MC12, so I'm not clear how to get it to work with MC13.  In other words, if I select a skin to install, is there a way to get it to install for MC13 rather than MC12?

Thanks,

Larry

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Skins/Plugins downloading and installing for MC13.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:40:16 am »

with MC13 running, I click on the download link of a skin and the package installer installs the skin in the MC13 MegaSkins folder and applies the skin to MC13.

I also have MC 12 installed here. If I close 13 and open 12, download the skin again, the package installer applies it to MC12.

If neither is running, then the skin is applied to the version that was last running.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Skins/Plugins downloading and installing for MC13.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 12:28:03 am »

Thanks Marko -- that's pretty much exactly the info I was looking for.  I actually thought that this might be the way it worked, but I didn't want to try it for fear of some sort of problems occurring if an MC12 plugin incorrectly installed to MC13.

In general, do all the MC12 "skins" work fine in MC13, or are there potential issues with this?  What about Theater View skins?

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up