INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: out of restores  (Read 1362 times)

barbaralee528

out of restores
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:04 am »

Please help.  My computer crashed, and I re-installed Media Center 12.  I used my registration key given me at the time of purchase, but the program tells me I am out of restores.  I cannot, therefore, register my product.  Will you please advise and assist me?  Thank you.

Barbara Raczynski

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: out of restores
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:30:47 am »

Does 33 installs in the last year sound right?

barbaralee528

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:37:55 am »

I hope I'm replying to the correct message.  If you say I tried to reinstall 33 times in the last year, I don't doubt you!  I've had so much trouble with this computer in the past year that I can't count the number of times I've had to re-install my OS and every program that I own.  I'm in the process of doing this again and, although things look good so far, I can't help but think my system might crash again.  Please advise me as to what I have to do to re-install Media Center 12 and register it.  If I have to re-purchase, so be it.  Right now, I have my computer configured to dual boot XP Professional and Windows Vista Home Premium.  I currently have Media Center 12 installed in Vista, but nothing in XP Pro. Would you recommend Media Center 13 for Vista and Media Center 12 for XP?  Please advise, and let me know how to get a License for the Media Center Version I already own.  I'm very satisfied with your software--it's my computer that gives me the problem.  Thank you.

Barbara Raczynski

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 10:55:12 am »

Please try a restore again.

You can extend your licenses by using the Install Key (it's good for 14 days) before you restore again.  Then use all 30 days of your trial period.

Repeated crashes are probably a hardware problem.  Bad memory, for example.

barbaralee528

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 11:30:26 am »

Hi, Jim H.

Thanks for resolving my registration issue.  I really appreciate it.  My key works now.  Do you recommend Media Center 13 for use with Vista SP1 over Media Center 12, or should I leave things as they are?  Please advise.  Thanks.

Barbara
Pages: [1]   Go Up