INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash and Data Base corruption on importing pictures  (Read 975 times)

ElQuia

• World Citizen
Crash and Data Base corruption on importing pictures
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:02:56 pm »

Hi guys. Long time user of 12, just upgraded (nice offer btw) to 13, uninstalled 12. Till now my main use of MC was for music (tons of lossless music) and video clips. Ive always uses acdsee for pics. Decided to try out MC on them. I have 2 main directories with pics (with a lot of sub dirs), one for wallpapers (10.000 of them) and other for familly and personal photos (6.000 take or give).
When importing, MC imports OK the wallpaper dir. When trying to import the photos dir it crashes somewhere during the process and on restart my database was totally trashed. Thanks god for acronis full disk backup!!!!!. I did it THREE times and quit, restored third time with acronis and here I am.

PC: Vista x64 SP1, MC 13.0.062, AMD AM2 4200, 3 GB RAM, 1.5 TB SATA RAID 0.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crash and Data Base corruption on importing pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 06:22:08 pm »

MC can backup and restore libraries.  It also does this automatically at intervals.

You may have a bad image file.  Try importing small batches to see if you can find it.

This fix is in a build that will be available in a few days:
4. Fixed: Auto-import could run at the same time as a manual folder import, causing slowdowns.

It may be related.

It's odd that the database was corrupted.

MC has logging under help.  You could turn it on and try to capture a log.  Check the log for "crash".

ElQuia

• World Citizen
Re: Crash and Data Base corruption on importing pictures
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:32:57 pm »

OK, will do. But all AcdSee, IrfanView and xNview scan the dir without problems...
The images are jpg, tiff and png, there may be some giff, canŽt remember.
Could MC be crashing on hidden acdsee *.xmp files?

IŽll keep you posted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up