INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various Artists in detail List View  (Read 1061 times)

kewe65

• World Citizen
Various Artists in detail List View
« on: October 29, 2008, 04:38:24 pm »

I've looked at a few threads about 'Various Artists', but have not found an answer to this

I get inconsistent views of compilation albums in my library.  I have these albums organized by having the artist field with the artist of the track, rather than something like "Soundtrack" or "Compilation".

For some of the albums, the "complete album" tag shows a 1 and in the List View, it groups all the songs of the album together as one album with the title showing "Golden State Funk by Various Artists".  It then shows the album art and the list of all the tracks, with each track's artist noted separately.

For some of the compilation albums, the "complete album" tag is blank, and it groups the unique artists of the album together so i end up with multiple groupings of album title and artist with the album cover repeated for each group.

In all cases, these are all the songs from the albums that were ripped months to years ago, so predate this latest release.

How do i get them to display complete album = 1 so they group together as one album?

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Various Artists in detail List View
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:56:40 pm »

I too have had this problem.
So much music so little time!

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:40:17 pm »

Are all of the songs in the same directory, and are all the track #'s in order without gaps?

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:14:25 pm »

thanks - it was the folders.  there were different artist folders under the album.  renamed with album-artist instead of artist\album and it corrected the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up