INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Happened To "Rename Files From Properties"?  (Read 1303 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
What Happened To "Rename Files From Properties"?
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:23:06 pm »

Hi,

I've upgraded from MC10 to MC13 today and the upgrade went without incident.

While playing one of my songs within MC13, I changed the tag info (song name) and then wanted that change to reflect in the filename by using the tool "Rename Files From Properties" which is available in MC10.  My "filename rule" is artist/album/name.  The "name" section of the filename still contains the old name, not the updated name I changed in the tag.

From the "Now Playing" window, I rt. clicked the song, chose "Library Tools" and discovered that this feature isn't listed but the reverse feature "Fill Properties From Filename" is listed.

Funny thing is "Rename Files From Properties" can be found in "Media Center Help" under "Library Tools", but as stated, it's not an actual available option when song is highlighted.

Anyone with an insight they'd like to share, it would be greatly appreciated!

ballen

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: What Happened To "Rename Files From Properties"?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 04:27:05 pm »

It's there.  I don't have MC13 in front of me, but its still a right click and it's something like "rename, move.... " It's much more flexible (powerful) and you need to take care to set the parameters or it may do something different from expectations.  When set right, it will do exactly what you want.
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 05:02:45 pm »

While playing one of my songs within MC13, I changed the tag info (song name) and then wanted that change to reflect in the filename by using the tool "Rename Files From Properties" which is available in MC10.  My "filename rule" is artist/album/name.  The "name" section of the filename still contains the old name, not the updated name I changed in the tag.
It's still there, just a different name.  Something like Move, Rename, etc.

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 06:13:57 pm »

Thank you both so much!

"Media Center Help" threw me off thinking I had a corrupted install.  Using the "Rename, Move, & Copy" feature was the solution.

Have a great day!   ;)

ballen

Pages: [1]   Go Up