INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC not importing some of my videos  (Read 922 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
MC not importing some of my videos
« on: October 31, 2008, 08:32:35 pm »

I can't seem to get some of my videos imported. For instance, I've got a season of 24 in 24 different files. All 24 are in the directory, but only 21 import. This happened to be in MC12 as well I believe. It also seems to struggle importing .mkv files. However, in the tv series cases, the file extensions are not different. And in auto-import I'm grabbing "all file types" from these directories, so I wouldn't think that's it (some .avis are getting imported, others are not anyway)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC not importing some of my videos
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:06:18 am »

Search under documents to see if they were imported as documents.  If so, you can edit the Media Type in MC's library.

If the file types are handled by DirectShow, MC depends on the DirectShow filter to read the file.  If it doesn't work out, MC will class the file as a document.  Changing DirectShow filters may help.  Installing CCCP often works well.  More in our wiki (link above).

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC not importing some of my videos
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 02:37:18 pm »

they were imported as data. interesting. i've at least put a band-aid on the situation. i'll read more about it in the wiki later. though i do find it interesting you mentioned the CCCP. I actually already have that installed (and only that codec pack)
Pages: [1]   Go Up