INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing my phones music player question(s)  (Read 1556 times)

RAMWolff

• Recent member
Syncing my phones music player question(s)
« on: October 31, 2008, 11:04:47 pm »

Hiya,

I really need to understand this.  I go through the process of setting up the sync but it still wants to try to sync my entire library, obviously, taking way over the limit.  So I go back in to the sync set up Options and remove more, still no affect on what's in the queue.  So what do I do to make this work correctly?? 

If I right click on the song and it gives me an option to delete it is that going to delete it from my hard drive or just from the queue?

Thanks

Richard

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Syncing my phones music player question(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:00:36 am »

When you open the Action Window to Handhelds, you'll see a text link to Details.  Opening that shows you what's in the queue.  You can delete any of the queued files.  This window also shows you the files that are on the device.  If you delete those, they will be removed from the device.  Nothing you do in this window affects files on your PC.

Always best to do a few before doing very many.

RAMWolff

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:13:11 am »

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

As stated, I removed many of the items in the Options area to be queued and they still remain in the action area as queued still for being added.  The Action window keep reporting that the content I want to add is 3.1 gigabytes over what can fit on it.  DUH, I know that but doesn't seem to have updated to show only the CD's I want to add.  All the CD's are in mp3 format so it's not a case of what format they are in.  To add to that my collection is a mixture of 70's, Dance, Modern Rock and New Age|Modern Jazz.  When it became apparent that not all my music was going to fit I carefully went through the list in the Options area and unchecked most of the 70's stuff and some of the Modern Rock which I KNOW would put the files to be transferred in within the limits since it's identical to the list that's on my iPod, which has LESS hard drive space than my LG Vu phone.  So not sure what to do.  Is this a bug of some sort??

Thanks again!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:15:50 am »

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

As stated, I removed many of the items in the Options area to be queued and they still remain in the action area as queued still for being added.  The Action window keep reporting that the content I want to add is 3.1 gigabytes over what can fit on it.  DUH, I know that but doesn't seem to have updated to show only the CD's I want to add.  All the CD's are in mp3 format so it's not a case of what format they are in.  To add to that my collection is a mixture of 70's, Dance, Modern Rock and New Age|Modern Jazz.  When it became apparent that not all my music was going to fit I carefully went through the list in the Options area and unchecked most of the 70's stuff and some of the Modern Rock which I KNOW would put the files to be transferred in within the limits since it's identical to the list that's on my iPod, which has LESS hard drive space than my LG Vu phone.  So not sure what to do.  Is this a bug of some sort??

Double check your sync options.  Turn off auto-sync until you solve this.

RAMWolff

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 09:17:16 am »

Will do, later as I'm getting ready for work... thanks Jim.

RAMWolff

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 10:25:37 pm »

OK, I got everything transfered.  I was a bit nervous removing items from the list but as it turns out it was just added automatically.  The syn is messed up somehow, even if I have all the songs and albums unchecked from the main Options:Handheld area for syncing from the Sync List the entire library is still added to the que regardless.  So this, to me, is a bug or at least an undesirable thing that keeps happening.

I also would very much like to know if there is a way to request that a certain playlist type be added as an option for exporting and adding to devices that use this particular format.  It's called .pla

Perrtty please!!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up