INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags seem to be changing in version 13  (Read 1488 times)

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Tags seem to be changing in version 13
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:49:20 am »

I amm noticing that a lot of my tags are different between version 12 & 13, and the "THE" is being put in front of the names of some bands.  They still look correct in version 12 but not in 13

David

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tags seem to be changing in version 13
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 11:20:07 am »

I amm noticing that a lot of my tags are different between version 12 & 13, and the "THE" is being put in front of the names of some bands.  They still look correct in version 12 but not in 13

David
Different settings?

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 02:21:18 pm »

I do not think it is a settings thing.  There were a lot of bands that I had tagged for various artists that started showing up as the artists itself and not "various" like i set it in MC12.  MC12 still looks correct but not MC13.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 02:33:42 pm »

Are the files in MP3 format? Are you using a restored MC12 library or did you just import the files as new to MC13?

MC13 has some changes in the ID3v2 tag mappings. The TPE2 aka "band" tag is now read to the Album Artist field (because of popular demand). This could cause your problem if you have TPE2 values in your files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 04:05:33 pm »

They are all MP3's and yes I restored from an MC12 library backup. 

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 04:10:07 pm »

So I guess the solution would be to copy the "artist" field to both "album artist" and "band" to solve the issue.  Does that sound about right to you guy?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 06:08:49 pm »

If you restored an MC12 library all library field values should have been preserved. The auto-import tool can reread files and cause changes if the TPE2 fied is populated, but that should not happen unless the disk files have been changed.

Could you try to the restore your MC12 library again before doing anything else? Disable the auto-importer before restoring and check that it stayed disabled immediately after the restore.

If you want to preserve your existing MC13 library you can create a new library for testing this.

If the fields are correct after the resore you can update the file tags from library, but keep in mind that MC12 cannot read the new ID3v2 tag frames (some of them have changed).

If the library fields are incorrect we should investigate this further before doing anything hastily.

BTW, how did you tag the files as "various artists"? Did you use the Album Artist field in MC12?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up