INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem to burn cd  (Read 1225 times)

dylanstan

problem to burn cd
« on: July 24, 2002, 04:44:20 am »

hi:
when i try to burn cd`s it begin to burn but after some seconds it give one error
" A device error occurred. Error number is 1026
Error data is: KEY: 6 ASC: 29 ASCQ: 0"
my system info is
Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.334
Install Path: C:\Archivos de programa\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1998 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 413 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)
I`ve this problem with windows xp. i`ve a second hard drive working with windows 98 and it works OK.
i`ve updated to mj8003

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:problem to burn cd
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 06:22:50 am »

What is the model name of your CD burner? I'm checking into possible causes for this error.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

dylanstan

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 07:01:05 am »

hi John:
the cdwriter it`s Samsung SW-224

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 07:18:28 am »

It looks like the error is being caused by a "soft reset" of the bus. Possible solutions are making sure that "auto-insert notification" is disabled, disabling CDCreator software if you have it installed, and disabling XP's built in burner using the procedure below:

Click on "My Computer" and right-click on the burner drive and choose "Properties". Now select the "Recording" tab and uncheck "Enable CD Recording on this drive". This will turn off the internal XP burning capability which *may* be interferring with our generic driver.
Not sure if you have to reboot after making the above change - probably.
Another approach is to follow this tweak:
Go to "administrative tools" in the control panel, and in the "services" list, disable the IMAPI CD-Burning COM service.
(Note: manual setting is not enough it must be disabled) It is the built-in CD-burning capability for windowsXP.

Try these one at a time to see if they help. If they don't help, reverse the procedure. Do you remember if MJ prompted you about the AIN (auto-insert) setting? It can automatically disable this. Check out the "CD burning tips" on the Help menu on this page.

- John T.

dylanstan

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 11:35:48 am »

Well, first all, sorry for don't answer before but i haven't had so much time to prove the things you told me. Now i've done what you say and i still have the same problem. Error after one minute of so of begin to burn.
When i insert any cd ther's no auto-run for any, so it's not for it.
There's one thing that i'm not able to do, and is dissable Esy CD Creator. When i go to remove programs it only allow me to change it, but not uninstall it. I don't want delete it directly 'cause some bad experiences deleting programs (not uninstalling them), so if you could tell me a proper way to uninstall it i'll do it 'cause, in reality, i don't use it. I've Nero and it's working well, and as i told you MJ in w98 it works OK too.
What happen?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2002, 11:39:36 am »

dylanstan

You Might Want To Try Re-Installing Easy CD Creator, Then Remove.

Maybe Something Happen To Some Files, Or The Install.

All Versions Of This Program Allow You To Remove It Thru The "Add Remove Programs" Under Windows Control Panel
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dylanstan

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2002, 02:55:11 pm »

i've uninstalled Easy CD Creator right now too, but it follow giving the same error. i've tried several cd's, several velocities, and burn audio and mp3, and always the same, well not exactly the same 'cause at first didn't burn more than several seconds and now it burns between 1 or 2 minutes, but after this it stop and the message appear
" A device error occurred. Error number is 1026
Error data is: KEY: 6 ASC: 29 ASCQ: 0"

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2002, 04:35:54 am »

Can you uncheck the "use generic driver" checkbox in CD writer settings? If not, send me an email and I'll send you something that might help.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com

dylanstan

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2002, 02:45:42 pm »

It seem like the problem is solved. I don't know exactly what i've done but i've get to record some cd's. Probably something to do with uninstall and reinstall easy cd creator. Now i've unistalled it but i don't remember if i did it after or before make the first complete recording

If not, send me an email and I'll send you something that might help

The only bad thing about this working now it's that this it sound so misterious that i was thinking in telling that it doesn't work only to receive the message.  
If you want to send it my e-mail is: richardrkl@hotmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up